|This is what your waterjet shop can look like if you keep it clean.|
All kidding aside, giving your water jet shop a good cleaning is definitely good for morale, safety and productivity. So grab that shop rag and mop and let's get busy cleaning the shop.
Tips For Cleaning Your Waterjet Gantry System
1. Give your water jet system a good scrubbing with a scrub brush and mild detergent, then wipe it with car wax. Once it's clean, keep it hosed off and don't let any dirty water spray harden. At trade shows, we keep our waterjets spotless by cleaning the tanks, shields and gantry with Formula 409® or Windex® or a similar cleaner.
2. Install Lexan™ guards and overspray courtains to keep overspray inside your waterjet machine footprint. Guards can be ordered through Jet Edge waterjet parts.
3. Keep your air filters clean on your blower motors. This will help keep your waterjet ballscrews and ways clean.
4. Give your water jet shop a good overall cleaning and get rid of stuff that you don't use and don't need.
5. Clean As You Go and Put Things Back Where You Got Them - "There's a place for everything and everything in its place." It was good advice from mom and it's core to the 5S workplace organization method.
6. Most importantly, once you're done with your spring cleaning, reward yourself and your employees with a fun activity.