Thursday, September 15, 2016

What do Potatoes and Waterjets Have in Common? Versatility!

I challenge you to go on Twitter right now and do a search for #NationalPotatoMonth and NOT get distracted by all of the tempting photos of delectable potato dishes.

I went on for just a second to Tweet our spuddy greeting and caught myself drooling over some incredible looking twice baked potatoes from Big Daddy's Brew & Que in Glendale, Wisconsin. They looked so good, I almost made a run for the border! Then I discovered that they are all the way across the state, but right up the road from our good customer JACQUET Midwest in Racine.  Sooo...I might just pay them a visit in the very near future.

You just can't beat a good potato dish and fine barbecue.

Here in Minnesota, we love our potatoes.  You can't call yourself a Minnesotan if you don't include potatoes in at least one meal a day, and don't you dare say you've never had tater tot hot dish.

Growing up in a very large family, we ate potatoes daily and never got tired of them because they are so versatile.  My job was to peel the potatoes for my mother.  I started out with a safety peeler, but was so proud when I graduated to a paring knife.  I would have given anything to have had access to an ultra high pressure water jet cutting machine to peel and chop all the potatoes my mother set in front of me.

UHP waterjets work great for peeling and cutting potatoes because they never need sharpening or cleaning.  The mighty potato and our Jet Edge waterjets have one thing in common: versatility.  You might even say that waterjets are the potatoes of the machine tool industry  (okay, that's probably not going to be our new slogan.) A waterjet can cut virtually anything, and potatoes can be transformed into virtually anything... from delicious meals to top shelf vodka and akvavit, to adhesives, ethanol fuel and so much more.

Of course, here at Jet Edge, we can't get enough French fries...



Find out more about Jet Edge waterjets at www.jetedge.com